About Me

Step 1 – Summary of Project

For this project, we were tasked to make an interesting PowerPoint presentation about who we are. The intention was for me to demonstrate how well I follow instructions, and whom I saw myself as. We came up with ideas, and organized them into first a storyboard, then a script. We used this outline to gather images and bring our presentations together.

Step 2 – What is Good Presentation?

We watched several videos about what makes a good presenter. Thee are the things I really picked up on.

• Keep it entertaining
  • Black backgrounds and white font are eye catching
  • If people can read what you’re saying, why are you talking
  • People like to relate
  • Use pictures
  • Be surprising
  • Don’t be afraid to be funny
  • Make sure to grab people’s attentions

Step 3 – Brainstorming Ideas

Smith 1

Brainstorming is a fun way to begin your storytelling. It allows you to “vomit” all of your ideas out on to a paper, and work from there. It’s fun, and a good way to keep track of what ideas link to other ideas. It helps you to find some structure and give you a basic idea about what order you’re going to put things in, and what to emphasize on.

Step 4 – Creating the Storyboard

Smith 2

Smith 3

Making a story board forces you to get away from your computer, and focus. You only have your brain to influence your thinking, so it can lead to more original ideas and concepts. It also helps you focus on what’s important, and doesn’t allow you to get distracted on the internet with things that don’t pertain to your presentation It’s also satisfying to be able to see all of your ideas in front of you, and allows you to begin crafting the perfect presentation.

Step 5 – Creating the Script

Screen Shot 2015-09-23 at 9.53.44 AM

Making a script on PowerPoint is an easy way to get started. It helps you focus, and get an idea of what you want your slideshow to look like. When you put it into the outline format on PowerPoint, it creates all the slides you need, and does the harder part of creating your PowerPoint.

Step 6 – Creating the Master Slide

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 8.57.52 AM

The master slide is an easy way to start a presentation, and a helpful skill to learn. Instead of having to start with a blank canvas every new slide, you can set what you want every slide to initially look like. It is a great way to make sure you have the same font, same slide color, among other things, on every slide. It is easy to use and is a fantastic way to easily set a standard for a PowerPoint. I used a black background with a white font, to draw attention to the words. I occasionally changed the font color to draw attention to a specific word.

Step 7 – Sharing the Presentation

I used Slide Share because it provides easy access for people all over the world to view PowerPoint presentations. You don’t need the PowerPoint software to view the slideshow, which makes it more convenient. It is easy to navigate, and you never have to worry about some fancy trick you didn’t know about making navigation difficult.

Step 8 – What I Learned

I learned how to give a presentation that is both informative and captivating, something I never had even thought about before. I learned how people connect with one another through factual information. I also grew in my knowledge about how easily people are distracted by electronics. It’s amazing how much easier it is to come up with a great idea when you are only influenced on what’s in your head.